Oil-Less Vacuum Priming
Mon, 11/01/2010 - 5:40am
According to Thompson Pump, its oil-less vacuum technology priming system permits a basic pump to prime automatically and more efficiently for lower maintenance, higher air handling and faster priming. Moreover, the OVT system offers:
- Sizes from 4 to 18 inches.
- Flows to 11,000 GPM.
- Air handling to 97 CFM.
- 28.4 inHg vacuum capacity.
- High heads to 350 feet.
- Solids handling up to 4 inches.
- The Enviroprime® system.
- Dry-running capabilities — no sealing or lubricating oil is needed in the pump chamber.
- Non-contacting rotors that eliminate internal wear for longevity and low life-cycle costs.
- Air cooling — no water levels to check and no oil system to maintain.
- Suitability for solids and liquids.
- The power to maintain vacuum at lower speeds.
- The elimination of oil pollution and smoke.
- Accommodations to be easily added to any Thompson centrifugal pump.
- Low maintenance — the unit only requires servicing at 20,000-hour intervals.
- No decrease in performance over time.
- Availability of electric- or diesel-driven models, automatic start/stop controls for fuel savings and Silent Knight® sound attenuation.