FM- & CSA-Approved Flowmeters
According to Fluid Components Intl., its ST75 flowmeter is not only designed for process gas, fuel gas, inert gas, waste gases and air in small line sizes, but is now also FM and CSA approved for safety in rugged process industry plant environments. The ST75 flowmeter additionally delivers:
- Media temperature compensation that ensures the maintenance of consistent performance and an accuracy to ±2 percent of reading with ±0.5 percent repeatability.
- A precise flow element with a no-moving parts design that employs platinum RTD sensors embedded in equal mass thermowells with microprocessor electronics calibrated to laboratory standards for a range of gases — natural gas, methane, nitrogen CO2, argon, all inert gases, compressed air and more.
- A flow range from 0.01 to 559 SCFM (0.01 to 950 NCMH), depending on the line size.
- A factory-preset turndown range of 10:1 to 100:1 for variable process conditions.
- Operation in small line sizes ranging from 0.25 to 2.0 inches.
- 3 outputs, including mass flow rate, totalized flow and media temperature.
- The ability of the remote-mount transmitter, which includes a full digital display, to be mounted up to 50 feet (15 meters) away from its thermal mass flow sensor in the process piping and connected via 2 0.50-inch FNPT cables.
- Fully scalable 4- to 20-mA and 0- to 10-V standard outputs, which are user-assignable to flow rate and/or temperature, plus a 0- to 1-kHz pulse output of total flow.
- Thermal dispersion technology that eliminates the need for temperature sensors, flow computers or other devices.
- An all-metal, dust- and water-resistant NEMA Type 4X (IP66) package that employs a sensing element constructed of all welded 316 stainless steel and Hastelloy-C tips.
- Suitability for applications in a range of industries, such as chemical, electric power, food and beverage, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and more.