Epoxy Resists Fuels, Acids & Aggressive Chemicals
Developed for coating and lining storage tanks, piping, scrubbers and processing equipment in the chemical industry, Master Bond’s EP21ARHT epoxy provides quality chemical, fuel and acid resistance. Also widely used in metalworking industries, this 2-component epoxy additionally grants:
- The ability to withstand immersion in 96 to 98 percent sulfuric acid and 20 percent hydrochloric acid for more than a year.
- Curing at room temperature with minimal shrinkage or more rapidly at elevated temperatures.
- A bond strength of greater than 2,200 PSI to metals, ceramics, glass and many plastics.
- The capacity to be thermally cycled over a temperature range from -60º to 400ºF.
- Optimal electrical insulation capabilities with a dielectric strength of 440 volts/mil.
- A convenient non-critical 2-to-1 mix ratio by weight, which is also color coded, with part A being clear and part B amber.
- Availability in pint, quart, gallon and 5-gallon container kits.