Tune Cascade Loops from a Web Browser
Mon, 10/04/2010 - 6:34am
According to ExperTune, the PlantTriage loop performance monitor can tune cascade control loops directly from its Web browser interface, thereby streamlining the tuning process. The PlantTriage system additionally offers:
- The continuous monitoring of control system performance, 24 hours a day.
- The power to automatically diagnose and prioritize process, control and instrumentation problems.
- The capability to tune both loops with a single bump test directly from a Web browser interface.
- The elimination of oscillations because PlantTriage tools select tuning constants that are outside the range of interaction.
- Full integration with PlantTriage’s Active Model Capture technology, so dynamic models and controller tuning can be developed based on normally occurring events, such as operator setpoint changes.
- Integrated analysis and tuning tools to improve plant results by focusing efforts on the most critical issues.