Hose Tames Abrasion in Harsh Applications
Mon, 10/04/2010 - 6:46am
R6 Abrasion King™ hose from the Parflex division of Parker Hannifin provides ideal abrasion resistance for medium-pressure hydraulic applications. According to the company, its Abrasion King™ hose also delivers:
- Better integrity in flexing and rolling applications for rough terrain forklifts and booms. 1 or 2 braids of high-tensile steel wire braid reinforcements, mechanically bonded with a nylon yarn cover.
- Chemically bonded braiding and jackets, allowing abrasion and harsh handling to gradually loosen the bond and permit core tube wash-out.
- The reduction of the volume of fluid in the system over rubber hose.
- A clean core tube with optimal fluid/chemical compatibility, high-tensile strength and a wide temperature range.
- Consistent long lengths and light weights to facilitate handling and inventory.
- Sizes from 1/4 inches up to 1 inch (inner diameter) with a maximum working pressure of 3,000.
- A compact outer diameter.
- Suitability for petroleum- and water-based hydraulic oils.
- Compliance with SAE 100R17 requirements.