A Gentle-Handling Case Packer
Standard-Knapp introduces its Versatron case packer with Soft Catch technology for the high-speed packing of fragile containers. Ideal for challenging packaging applications with reduced and/or lightweight materials, the Versatron is further highlighted by:
- A 2-axis servo system that allows the Versatron to catch the product as it descends into the case.
- A lift table that moves the case to the up position and waits for a full grid.
- Riding strips that shift to the side and initiate the bottle descent when the grid is full, while the lift table simultaneously moves the case downward on a velocity curve that achieves the same speed at the point of contact, cradling product gently and securely.
- Gentler handling, which enables the use of thinner gauge bottles, as well as thinner glass.
- Soft Catch technology to reduce shock energy by 80 percent over a conventional drop packer.
- The capability to gently catch each container to ensure that each package is filled without damage, thus maximizing productivity and decreasing machine downtime, while dramatically reducing breakage.
- Suitability for a variety of industries, including spirits and wine, food, household chemical, personal care and more.