For Tighter Control of Remote Operations
Honeywell introduces the RC500 remote terminal unit, a modular and scalable controller that easily integrates with SCADA technology to give processors tighter control of remote operations. Designed to withstand harsh environments, according to the company, the RC500 delivers:
- The power to help facilities more effectively manage complex remote automation and control applications (such as gas flow metering, data concentrator and communications integration, well-head control, pump and compressor control, and block-valve automation), leading to a lower total cost of ownership, when combined with Experion’s SCADA products.
- The ability to operate using minimal electricity, making it suitable to run on solar power and provide continuous monitoring of remote fixed assets.
- An open communication platform that integrates seamlessly with Honeywell’s Experion® Process Knowledge System and an embedded Linux platform.
- Modbus and DNP3 support.
- The power to transfer peer-to-peer I/O, making it ideal for sharing data between devices in a large network.
- Data-logging capabilities with the option to record I/O values and log them into data files.
- Self-resetting fuses.
- An independent watchdog function for health monitoring.
- An Ethernet I/O-2 module that delivers the best price per output across all common control applications.
- Optional flexible communication ports and protocols, enabling facilities to easily expand the system.
- Ideal suitability for remote automation needs, such as those found in oil and gas applications.