Roller Gates for Dust-Tight Material Seals
Mon, 09/27/2010 - 6:04am
According to Vortex Valves, its Vortex Roller Gates are optimal for handling dry bulk material in gravity flow applications in which positive material shutoff and dust-tight sealing are required. They additionally offer:
- The flexibility to be applied to shut off or meter the flow of fine and moderately abrasive powders, and small to large granulars or pellets — or even sticky materials.
- “Live-loaded” wear-compensating seals that prevent materials from escaping into the bonnet area of the gate and are easily replaced without removing the valve from the processing line.
- Easily accessible nylon cam-adjustable rollers, which are critical to avoid material packing.
- Horizontal or vertical valve orientation.
- A wide selection of gate-positioning controls, position indication switches, flanges and actuation choices — including electric hydraulic, pneumatic, chainwheel and hand crank.
- A variety of modifications to accommodate a range of temperatures, plus corrosive, humid or explosive environments.
- Standard sizes from 6 to 36 inches(100 to 900 mm) that include an aluminum channel frame and stainless steel material contact.
- Availability in a variety of configurations, including rectangular sizes and round inlet/outlet transitions for extra functionality.
- An optional return pan to prevent material leakage into the atmosphere.
- Ideal suitability for many dry material applications, such as mixing and blending, in the food, cement, chemical, plastics and textile industries.