Produce Ideal Nanoparticles for Herbicides
Recent lab testing by NETZSCH Premier Technologies has shown that its Zeta® circulation bead mill is suited to produce nanoparticles for agrochemical formulations such as herbicides. The high-speed Zeta mill employs a peg grinding system capable of producing nano-scale particles (less than 100 to 500 nanometers), ideal for premixing and wet grinding of free-flowing herbicide and fungicide suspensions and dispersible granulates. Designed for circulation and multi-pass operation, the Zeta mill achieves high throughput rates with a consistent particle-size range. The key benefits to agrochemical formulations include, but are not limited to:
- An enlarged surface area of the chemical to boost product potency.
- Accelerated chemical uptake by the plant.
- Faster absorption to avoid biodegradation from UV light.
- Increased solubility for better application through the spray tank.
- Better spray application through new, smaller nozzles.
- Less risk of dispersant settling for increased consistency and less waste.