Polypropylene Wafer-Style Butterfly Valves
Thu, 09/23/2010 - 6:29am
GF Piping Systems has expanded its large-diameter size range for the Type 567 wafer-style polypropylene butterfly valve to include sizes 14 through 24 inches. These larger-sized valves boast:
- A double eccentric off-center design that allows the disc to completely disengage from the disc seal, even when partially open.
- Less friction and wear for longer service life, as well as minimized maintenance compared to non-eccentric valves due to the separation between the disc and seal.
- The need for only about half the torque of a traditional boot design, which also reduces wear on the disc seal.
- Bi-directional capability, as well as a hand wheel.
- Optimal corrosion resistance.
- Complete modularity for easy interchangeability.
- Compatibility with smaller actuators for reduced installation cost.
- Better protection against pressure surges.
- Weights that are approximately 50 percent less than comparable metal butterfly valves, for simpler and faster installation.
- Pressure ratings at 70ºF of 90 PSI for sizes14 through 16 inches, 75 PSI for 18 inches and 60 PSI for 20 through 24 inches.
- An industry-standard ISO flange mount for easy electric or pneumatic actuation.
- Availability with either EPDM or FPM seals, a 304 or 316 stainless steel stem, and a polypropylene body.
- Suitability whenever large volumes of liquids need to be conveyed safely and reliably, such as in water treatment or chemical processing.