High-Speed, Eco-Friendly Analysis
Mon, 09/27/2010 - 6:27am
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments recently launched the GCMS-QP2010 Ultra for gas chromatograph mass spectrometer analysis. According to the company, its GCMS-QP2010 Ultra delivers:
- The capability to measure data fast with a sensitivity 5 times higher than previous models.
- Improved applicability for comprehensive 2-dimensional gas chromatograph and ultra-high separation.
- Eco-friendly features for saving consumption of power and carrier gas to minimize laboratory operating costs and environmental impact.
- Advanced Scanning Speed Protocol (ASSP™) — firmware that optimizes the ion transmission hardware parameters with an efficient data collection algorithm to increase data acquisition speed up to 20,000 u/second and 100 Hz.
- High-speed oven cooling for shorter analysis cycles, plus a double-jet cooling system that cools from 350° to 50°C in less than 3 minutes, the combination of which can reduce the analysis cycle by up to 50 percent.
- The power to accept 2 narrow-bore capillary columns into the mass spectrometer simultaneously, which allows users to switch applications without physically modifying the column installation.
- An ecology feature that reduces the power consumed in analysis standby mode by 36 percent compared to previous models — when used for more than a year, ecology mode can reduce power consumption by 26 percent and carbon dioxide emissions by about 1.1 tons.
- Easy sTop to enable users to perform maintenance on the injection port without venting the mass spectrometer for a drastic reduction of maintenance time.
- GCMSsolution software (analysis, browser and post-run analysis programs).
- A high-capacity differential vacuum system, a high-sensitivity ion source and a high-performance quadrapole mass filter.