Thermometers with Dampening Vibration Effects
Tue, 08/31/2010 - 6:53am
Swagelok has extended its line of temperature measurement devices (which includes thermometers and thermowells for sanitary applications) with dampened-movement bimetal thermometers and thermowells. The company says that this equipment provides:
- Measurement ranges from -100 to 1,000°F (-70 to 540°C).
- Accuracy to ±1 percent of full scale in accordance with ASME B40.200.
- Actuation through a sensitive bimetal helix coil.
- An external reset for field calibration.
- Silicone-free gel in the thermometer stem to dampen vibration effects.
- Hermetically sealed dials to prevent fogging and moisture damage to working components.
- The power to protect the thermometers from contact with viscous, pressurized, corrosive or abrasive process fluids.
- Standard 304 stainless steel construction and 316 stainless steel upon request.
- Selection from straight, reduced or tapered shaft designs.
- Instrument connections that include 1/2-inch female NPSM straight and female G1/2B connections, whereas process connections include flange, sanitary clamp, threaded and weld socket in 1/2 to 2 inches.
- 3-A compliance for thermowells for sanitary applications.