The new Legato 270 syringe pump from KD Scientific has a user configurable syringe mechanism designed to deliver a full volume in infuse and withdraw modes when using small or large syringes. When used with check valves, the unit will draw fluid from a reservoir while the opposite side is dispensing fluid; after the user selected volume is dispensed, the pump will automatically switch through the check valves and refill the empty syringes while dispensing from the other side — it will continuously dispense as long as there is fluid in the reservoir. Other features include:
- The ability to change the syringe clamping mechanism to hold from 0.5 µl up to 140 ml syringes.
- Two removable pins that adjust the syringe mechanism to allow full stoke of the larger syringes.
- A touch screen interface and an easy to view display.
- A small step angle stepping motor that drives a precision lead screw.
- Accuracy of ±0.35 percent and reproducibility of 0.05 percent.