High-Performing Shaft Seals
According to Woodex Bearing, its MECO HB is not only a high-performing standard-sized shaft seal for screw conveyors and similar equipment, but it also acts as an alternative to standard wastepack housings. HB seals are further designed to perform under 90 percent of the typical operating conditions associated with screw conveyors or scrolls. The MECO HB additionally boasts:
- Availability in hardcoat-anodized aluminum, 316L stainless steel or FDA nylon.
- 5 CEMA and 11 metric shaft sizes — from 1-1/2 to 3-7/16 inches (40 to 90 mm).
- Operational temperatures up to 500ºF (260ºC).
- The flexibility to withstand high temperatures, speeds or pressures, in addition to shaft run-out and abrasive products.
- Accommodations for up to 1/4 inch (6 mm) of shaft run-out.
- Suitability for food-grade applications, as well as vertical or inclined conveyors.