A Versatile Lifting Solution
Tue, 07/27/2010 - 1:15pm
Konecranes recently launched its XM light crane system, a versatile lifting solution designed to maximize overall productivity in workstations and on production lines. According to the company, features of the XM include:
- Accurately dimensioned and lightweight hollow-type profiles, which provide smooth and silent movement.
- Push/pull trolleys that allow for effortless load handling.
- Modular components that provide flexibility, efficiency, and space and cost savings.
- Nylon wheels with ball bearings to minimize rolling resistance.
- Precise cut-to-length profile dimensions that maximize available space and help lower overall costs.
- A capacity of up to 2 tons.
- A standard deflection ratio of 1/500 or an optional deflection ratio of 1/350.
- A lightweight profile beam to reduce dead weight, thus minimizing stress on building structures.
- Protection of the trolley from dirt and dust.
- 4 profiles ranging from 20 to 40 feet with varying lifting capacities.
- The flexibility for wall mounting, or ceiling or I-beam suspension, to create a larger work area beneath the crane.
- Short installation times.
- Availability of single or double girder cranes, as well as monorails.
- Several bridge suspension options, such as single girder models with articulated bridge construction for light, easy load handling and crab motion; single or double girder models with rigid bridge construction for motorized movements; and single and double girder models with low headroom for efficient lifting height.