Surge Dampeners Help Reciprocating Pumps Excel
Wilden has launched its Saniflo™ Hygienic Series surge dampeners to effectively suppress pulsations associated with reciprocating pumps, thus prolonging equipment life and maximizing mean time between service. Designed for demanding solids-handling applications commonly found in the sanitary industries, Saniflo™ HS surge dampeners additionally grant:
- A liquid chamber designed for optimal delicate product handling, drainability and diaphragm life.
- Self-adjustment to fluctuating inlet pressures.
- A very low volume of compressed air to dampen the pulsation of a sanitary pump.
- A metal regulator body, available in nickel-plated aluminum and stainless steel.
- The use of existing Wilden air chambers, clamp bands and hardware to simplify maintenance.
- The ability to handle up to 76-mm (3-inch) compressible solids.
- Availability in 3 sizes — 38, 51 or 76 mm (1-1/2, 2 or 3 inches).
- A maximum operating pressure of 8.6 BAR (125 PSIG).
- Approval for use in explosive environments.
- Compliance with FDA, EHEDG, ATEX, and USP Class VI standards when configured with PTFE integral piston diaphragms.