API 685 Motor Pumps Designed to Last 20 Years
Mon, 07/26/2010 - 6:07am
Nikkiso-KSB GmbH’s new pump type series comprises 27 sizes and is designed for a minimum of 20 years operation under heavy-duty conditions with pressures of at least 40 bar. The pumps feature:
- API 685 standards compliance.
- Casings with centreline pump feet, flameproof motor housings and corrosion allowance of 3 mm.
- Throttle rings on the front and rear shrouds of the impeller, balancing holes and a hydraulic pressure balancing chamber designed to make sure that the axial forces are absorbed.
- Low noise.
- Up to 132 kW.
- Pump shaft bearings made from specially developed composite material of silicon carbide (SiC) and graphite.
- A maximum flow rate of 350 cubic metres per hour and a maximum discharge head of 200 m.
- Maximum permissible fluid temperature of 450 °C.
- Permissible ambient temperatures up to –50 °C.
- Vertical installation.