Self-Cleaning Nitrate Analyzer System
Featuring a precision nitrate ISE electrode sensor with an integral self-cleaning sprayer, the new HYDRA nitrate analyzer system from Electro-Chemical Devices, Inc. offers measurement, monitoring and control with virtually no maintenance. The system:
- Measures the concentration of dissolved nitrate as nitrogen (NO3--N) in water.
- Has a sensor that uses two electrodes to determine the NO3--N concentration: a nitrate ion electrode and a chloride ion electrode. An optional electrode is also available for pH measurement.
- Is configured to periodically actuate a cleaning cycle using the integral spray cleaner in the nitrate sensor, minimizing the formation of biofilms or other coatings on the electrodes and keeping maintenance to a minimum.
- Also detects temperature, and the analyzer provides a temperature-compensation calculation for greater measurement accuracy.
- Features 1.25-inch NPT rear facing threads for attaching an extension/immersion tube for easy installation from catwalks or handrails.
- Measures nitrate and chloride in concentrations from 0.1 to 1000 ppm, pH from 0 to 14 and temperature from 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F).
- Has an accuracy of ±3 percent of reading with a response time of T90 1 minute.
- Features a backlit LCD display that provides up to 4 lines of text and graphics.
- Two 4-20 mA outputs with two SPDT alarm relays.