Power Source with Sink Option
The California Instruments MX series AC/DC power source from AMETEK Programmable Power is now available with a power sink option that dramatically reduces the total energy consumed in the production testing of grid-tied inverters designed for distributed resources such as solar energy systems. By utilizing the MX series to simulate the interconnection with the utility grid, the output power generated by the inverter is returned to the grid saving over 50 percent of the energy consumption. The MX series programmable source may be programmed to simulate the utility power variability (voltage, frequency, harmonic distortion) necessary to test the inverter’s ability to source energy to the grid. In addition, the unit can dynamically test the inverter’s ability to comply with the anti-islanding tests required of grid-tied distributed resources. The MX series features:
- Power levels from 15 kVA to 270 kVA.
- A sophisticated digital signal processor-based arbitrary waveform generator and power analyzer.
- A large graphical LCD display.
- IEEE-488, RS-232C, USB and Ethernet interfaces.
- Windows™ graphical user interface application software.