Reduced Flowmeter Straight-Run Requirements
Mon, 05/03/2010 - 1:15pm
The model VIP flat panel flow conditioner from Vortab® Company maximizes flow meter performance with minimal pressure drop in a simple to install, lightweight thin panel. The flow conditioner:
- Greatly reduces the pressure drop compared to alternative technologies such as tube bundles, screens and perforated plates.
- Neutralizes the flow disturbance and produces the symmetrical and swirl-free repeatable flow profile that ensures a flow meter installation meets its accuracy and repeatability specifications.
- Is particularly effective with wide turndown and/or low flow sensitive flow meter technologies, such as thermal dispersion, that measure in transitional flows.
- Uses 316L stainless steel construction in sizes for installation in pipes from 2 to 40 inch diameters (50 to 999.9 mm).
- Has optional ANSI and DIN flange-mount or weld-in-place configurations.