A High Level of Operator Protection
Mon, 05/17/2010 - 6:50am
According to Air Science, its PURAIR 5 ductless fume hood contributes a high level of operator protection where routine work is being carried out, while additionally boasting:
- A face velocity of 100 FPM to ensure fume and particulate containment for operator protection.
- Recirculation that eradicates the need to exhaust conditioned and/or heated air into the atmosphere.
- A patented filter clamping mechanism that not only allows for the filter to be easily installed, but also ensures an even seal at the filter face to prevent bypass leakage.
- An alarm to alert the operator when air flow falls to an unacceptable level.
- Selection from 14 different types of carbon (which include specialty media for vapors of organics, solvents, acids, mercury and formaldehyde) for the main filter — HEPA filters for particulate filtration are also available.
- Lighting that illuminates the work surface.
- Low-noise operation.
- Availability of 3 models with a choice of 24-, 36- or 48-inch widths.
- The flexibility to be positioned over a sink or benchtop apparatus.
- Elimination of installation costs.
- Suitability for histology, powder weighing and sampling preparation work.
- Compliance with OSHA, ANSI and all relevant international standards.
- An optional polypropylene spillage tray.