Double Eccentric Butterfly Valves
GF Piping Systems has expanded its large-diameter size range for the Type 567 butterfly valve to include sizes 14 through 16 inches. The Type 567 valve is characterized by a unique double eccentric design, featuring an off-center shaft that allows the disc to completely disengage from the disc seal, even when partially open. The company believes that this results in less seal friction for longer service life and minimal maintenance compared to non-eccentric valve styles. Moreover, the double eccentric design only requires about half the torque of a traditional boot design, thereby decreasing wear on the disc seal. Other advantages include:
- Easier manual operation.
- Quality chemical compatibility.
- Better protection against pressure surges.
- Bi-directional capabilities
- A pressure rating of 90 PSI at 70°F.
- Industry-standard ISO flange mounts for easy electric or pneumatic actuation with most actuators.
- Accommodations for smaller actuators to reduce installation costs.
- Availability with either EPDM or FPM seals, a 304 or 316 stainless steel stem and a polypropylene body.
- Suitability for landfills where large-size valves are required for underground leachate drainage, in addition to industrial water treatment, potable water treatment and wastewater systems in such industries as chemical, chemical distribution, electroplating and power plants.