To Determine Compound Solubility
Wed, 04/21/2010 - 7:47am
The SFT Phase Monitor II from Supercritical Fluid Technologies is an analytical tool for determining the solubility of various compounds and compound mixtures in subcritical and supercritical fluids. It provides:
- Direct visual observation of materials under conditions that may be controlled by the researcher.
- The flexibility to perform experiments in liquid, supercritical carbon dioxide or other compressed gases.
- The capability to investigate the effect of co-solvents on the solubility of compounds of interest in supercritical carbon dioxide.
- The ability to view the dissolution, precipitation and crystallization of compounds over a range of pressures and temperatures.
- Accommodations for a few hundred to 10,000 PSI and from ambient temperature to 150º centigrade.
- Suitability for binary, tertiary and complex mixtures; multiple compounds; selective compound extraction; compound fractionation; anti-solvents; crystallization and reactions; and polymer cloudpoint applications.