A Heat Transfer Fluid Filtration System
Mon, 03/01/2010 - 8:16am
Liquid Process Systems now offers the patented Vector Series Model VB10C thermal fluid filtration system, a heat transfer fluid filtration system that filters contaminants down to 10 microns. Additional features include:
- A design specifically developed for hot and warm mix asphalt and associated plants.
- The ability to continuously filter contaminants on a side stream basis down to 10 microns to keep fluids clean for higher heat transfer and plant efficiency.
- The ability to use system flow and pressure available from the plant process to re-circulate hot oil or thermal fluid from the pump discharge through the filter — clean fluid is then returned to the suction side of the pump.
- The ability to withstand up to 150 psig (10.5 bar) of pressure and temperatures up to 650°F (345°C).
- A flow rate of up to 15 gallons per minute (114 liters per minute) or over 900 gallons per hour (3,405 liters per hour).
- Enough cleaning capacity to filter the entire volume of a smaller system several times in a typical day.
- An increased useful life for the hot oil since it is filtered and remains clean.
- Reduced fouling and carbon sludge build-up.
- Minimized unscheduled maintenance.
- Increased heat transfer efficiency is increased.
- Glass-fiber wound cartridges that have good dirt holding capacities, are easy to change and are disposable.
- A filter element life of approximately 6 to 10 weeks, depending on condition of the fluid.
- An optional electronic filter condition monitoring system that displays a flashing light or communicates directly with the plant’s computer monitoring system to notify the plant operator when filter cartridge needs replacing or when it is completely clogged.