Leak-Detecting Flow Switch Prevents Compressor Damage
Fluid Components Intl. has created its FlexSwitch® FLT93S flow switch to monitor fugitive emissions from compressors, pressure relief valves, pumps and other gas-flowing components. The ideal plant preventive maintenance and safety tool, according to the company, the FlexSwitch further delivers:
- The ability to detect and alarm on very low flows for fast response in leak monitoring and detection of gas flows.
- Early warning and process shut-down signals to prevent damage to process components, as well as reduce the probability of accidents and government incident reporting.
- The power to ensure gas flow system components are operating correctly.
- The inclusion of dual 6A relays, which are fully user-settable for any high, low, high/high or low/low detection and trip scenarios.
- Operation over a wide gas flow sensitivity range — from 0.25 to 120 SFPS (0.08 to 37 SMPS).
- An accuracy of ±0.5 percent of reading or 2 SFPS (0.06 NMPS).
- Operating temperatures from -40° to 350°F (-40° to 177°C).
- Built-in temperature compensation, which ensures repeatable and reliable operation, even in extreme environments, such as those found in the high-temperature chemical refining and other process industries.
- An aluminum alloy enclosure rated for NEMA 4X and IP66.
- Simplified installation as an insertion-style instrument.
- Compliance with FM, CSA, ATEX, IEC for hazardous environments and SIL 2.