Fast Water Quality Measurements
Mon, 01/04/2010 - 9:07am
The new HYDRA Ammonium Analyzer from Electro-Chemical Devices, Inc., is designed to take fast and accurate ammonium measurement for water quality monitoring. The C22 analyzer:
- Can be used to monitor the ammonium nutrient load directly in the aeration basin of a waste water treatment plant as well as environmental waters, lakes, streams and wells.
- Uses three electrodes: an ammonium ion electrode, a potassium ion electrode and a pH electrode.
- Uses ISE technology.
- Automatically compensates for the pH dependant concentration equilibrium and potassium ion interference on the ammonium electrode.
- Measures ammonium and potassium in concentrations from 0.1 to 1000 ppm, pH from 0 to 14 and temperature from 0° to 50°C (32° to 212°F).
- Features a backlit LCD display, and NEMA 4X enclosure.
- Is configured to periodically actuate a cleaning cycle using the integral spray cleaner in the sensor, minimizing the formation of biofilms or other coatings on the electrodes and keeping maintenance to a minimum.
- Offers 1 ¼” NPT rear facing threads for attaching an extension/immersion tube for easy installation from catwalks or handrails.
- Uses internal signal conditioning, which allows the HYDRA Sensor to be mounted up to 200 meters from the analyzer.