Dye Glows Bright Blue for Leak Detection
Spectronics Corp. recently launched OIL-GLO™ 40, an oil-based fluorescent leak detection dye that accurately pinpoints leaks in all synthetic- or petroleum-based fluid systems. Formulated specifically for large industrial systems, according to the company, OIL-GLO 40:
- Escapes with system oil wherever there is a leak and remains at the site of all leaks, so you can scan the system with a Spectroline® ultraviolet lamp and locate every fluid leak by its bright blue glow, which stands out from other leak detection dyes.
- Is easy to use — simply add the dye to any oil-based system and allow it to circulate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Can remain safely in the system for periodic rechecks — there’s no need to add more dye until oil is changed.
- Contains more active ingredients per ounce than comparable dyes.
- Is compatible with light-colored hydraulic fluid, very dark or intensely blue hydraulic and lubrication fluids, compressor oil, engine oil and gearbox oil.