Supercritical Fluid Extraction System
Supercritical Fluid Technologies, Inc. has introduced the SFT-100XW supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) system, designed to investigate the feasibility of applying supercritical fluid techniques to various analyses, processing challenges and QC/QA applications. The system:
- Performs extractions in supercritical fluid media.
- Uses dual sapphire syringe pump technology to pressurize the SFT-100XW’s stainless steel vessel, which is capable of containing supercritical fluids at pressures up to 10,000 psi (69 MPa).
- Accommodates pressure vessels of up to 500 mL capity and may be configured to run with multiple vessels.
- Has an integrated pre-heater, which ensures the consistent temperature of the fluid delivered to the extraction vessel.
- Has an optional co-solvent pump to enable the extraction of moderately polar compounds.