High-Temperature Epoxy Resists Chemicals
Master Bond has released a high temperature epoxy for service above 500°F. EP125 is a toughened, two part epoxy designed to withstand exposure to boiling acids, alkalis, salts, fuels and most organic solvents. It develops durable bonds between metallic and nonmetallic surfaces. The heat resistant adhesive features:
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Excellent electrical insulating properties.
- Thermally stable bonds, which retain their pertinent physical profile and chemical resistance after prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Lap shear strength on the order of 2,500 psi at ambient temperatures.
- Castings that exhibit flexural strength as high as 15,000 psi and a flexural modulus of more than 500,000 psi.
- 100 percent reactive, solvent and volatile free.
- Adjustable cure cycles for specific processing needs.