Washdown Motors For Hazardous Environments
Thu, 10/01/2009 - 11:11am
The first washdown duty stainless steel motors approved for use in hazardous locations are now available from Stainless Motors, Inc. The motors:
- Are UL approved for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups C and D and Class II, Division 1, Groups F and G environments.
- Are highly resistant to caustic liquids, vapors and dust.
- Use premium efficiency, inverter-rated Class F insulated winding with thermostats
- Have O-ring sealed end bells and junction box cover.
- Come with Isomag™ mechanical shaft seals.
- Use internal thru bolts that make for a smooth, sanitary, washdown tolerant exterior surface.
- Are approved for use with PWM inverters and yield a 4:1 constant torque and 10:1 variable torque turndown ratio.