Ultraviolet Inspection Lamp
Spectronics Corp. announces their BIB-150P ultraviolet inspection lamp. The hand-held UV lamp has a unique 150-watt Built-In-Ballast™ bulb and is for pinpointing any industrial leak such as oil, hydraulics, refrigerant, gasoline, diesel fuel or water. Simply add the appropriate fluorescent dye and let it circulate with the specific lubricant. The dye will escape with the host fluid wherever there is a leak and when the system is scanned with the BIB-150P, the dye will glow brightly at the leakage area. Additional features include:
- A housing constructed of a super-strong engineering polymer that is dent-proof and impact-resistant.
- A lamp filter that is crack-resistant and protected by a filter holder that is easily removable for bulb and filter maintenance.
- An ergonomically-designed handle positioned for better balance, easy handling and reduced hand fatigue over long periods of use.
- The ability for the unit to be supplied with a concentrated spot bulb for an intense UV beam that produces a nominal steady-state 365nm intensity of 4,500 µW/cm² at 15 in. (38 cm).
- A broad-beam spot bulb that produces an intensity of 4,000 µW/cm² at 15 in. (38 cm) for wider-area coverage.
- An average rated life of 5,000 hrs. for both bulbs, with the ability to withstand rough use.