The Definer Mill For A Defining Moment
Tue, 10/20/2009 - 11:29am
Franklin Miller presents the Definer as a versatile, ultra-sanitary mill with the processing capabilities of several mills in one. According to the company, the Definer also delivers:
- The reduction of a variety of powders and agglomerates into a controlled output particle size.
- A straight flow-through product path to eliminate the possibility of accumulation in hoppers and to simplify installation.
- A deagglomerating element with teeth, combs, positive once-through anti-clogging and minimal temperature rise.
- A fine milling element with a high-shear rotor and screen design that gently mills and conditions solids without degrading them.
- A variable-frequency controller and direct drive for precise, repeatable and infinitely variable results.
- A fully enclosed, dust-tight unit constructed entirely of stainless steel.
- Easy cleaning, as well as disassembly and reassembly in a matter of minutes.
- A compact body measuring 5 inches from inlet to outlet.
- Availability of several interchangeable cutting mechanisms.
- Accommodations for the pharmaceutical, food, dairy and chemical industries.
- The flexibility to add a knife blade in order to cut through fibrous materials to the mill.
- An optional hopper or stand on casters for portable use.