Accurate Interface Detection
Fri, 10/09/2009 - 11:16am
According to Fluid Components Intl., the FlexSwitch® FLT93S flow/level/temperature switch provides accurate interface detection, especially for the operation of separation tanks and other vessels with mixed density media, as a result of:
- Monitoring, controlling and alarming flow rates or levels of critical fluids, such as foams, emulsion layers, liquids and slurries.
- A rugged design and housing for reliability and long life even in the harshest environments in chemical refining, waste treatment and other industries.
- A dual-function insertion-style instrument that offers either flow/temperature sensing or level/temperature sensing.
- Standard dual 6-amp relay outputs that are assignable to flow, level or temperature.
- Reliance on the specific heat transfer properties of the media to identify the interface of different products.
- A dual switch point option to allow 1 instrument to control 2 different product interfaces, while 2 or more switches are used to control product discharge and intake at specified points.
- Operation over a setpoint range in water from 0.01 to 0.5 FPS (0.003 to 0.9 MPS).
- A level/interface accuracy of ±0.25 inches (±6.4 mm) and measurement repeatability of ±0.125 inches (±3.2 mm).
- Operating temperatures from -40° to 350°F (-40° to 177°C), plus an option to withstand temperatures from -100° to 850°F (-73° to 454°C).
- Built-in temperature compensation to adjust for changes in operating environment temperatures to ensure that trip points remain accurate, and to prevent false alarms or alarm failures.
- A selection of standard and custom process connections.
- A standard coated aluminum alloy enclosure, while stainless steel or fiberglass enclosures also are available.
- Accommodation for ATEX locations and a NEMA Type 4X (IP66) rating.