On-The-Spot Process Component Status Via RFID
Thu, 09/03/2009 - 8:53am
AdvantaPure has added to its line of RFID tags with the GammaTag 500, which is specifically designed for use in applications involving gamma irradiation. The company says that this tag also grants:
- The ability to read and write in order to identify, record and access the current status of process components on the spot.
- Information such as manufacture date, part number, lot number, gamma sterilization date and more.
- The capacity to handle typical doses of 25 kilograys and a cumulative amount of at least 500 kilograys without loss of data.
- A form factor of just 4 by 52 mm.
- Accommodations for high-volume items requiring repeated gamma sterilization.
- Suitability to the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, gowning and clean room supply industries.