Heated Gas-Powered DLI Vaporizer
Brooks Instrument has released a family of direct liquid injection (DLI) vaporizer solutions. Designed for reliable liquid vaporization, the vaporizers employ heated gas, rather than a hot metal surface, to accomplish liquid vaporization. As liquid enters the heated gas chamber, it is atomized by a carrier gas stream. Once the atomized liquid contacts the hot gas, it immediately changes to vapor. The result is chemically pure vapor, free of decomposition byproducts or liquid carry-over. Moreover, a Brooks DLI vaporizer can accept multiple liquid inlets and will generate mixed vapors. The vaporizers accommodate an extraordinarily wide range of liquid properties:
- Extremely low vapor pressures (sub 1 torr).
- Very low flow rates (sub 5 grams per hour)
- Very high flow rates (more than 15 kg/hr).
The DLI series also has:
- Customizable for unique application requirements.
- Fewer operational limitations than conventional vaporizing technologies.
- A greatly reduced potential for liquid carry-over and its attendant problems.