Green Milestone For VOC Control
According to Tri-Mer Corp., its MultiPhase BioSystem is a major milestone in green technology for VOC control. Taking advantage of the natural tendency of VOCs to partition into both phases, the MultiPhase incorporates both air- and liquid-phase approaches, using enhanced bioremediation techniques to treat high inlet concentrations of VOC with efficiencies up to 98 percent. The system additionally features:
- Permanent, synthetic ceramic biomedia, which is surface-modified to allow accelerated attachment and growth; it boasts a biologically active surface area, and will not clog due to biomass growth or particulate accumulation.
- A self-cleaning media bed that never needs replacement.
- A compact single-vessel system that can be sited close to the emission source — some times even inside the facility — minimizing long duct runs.
- Elimination of NOx byproducts and less CO2 production because as it does not burn natural gas.
- Minimal wet and solid waste.
- Compatibility with high-temperature VOC emissions, such as those from dryers and other hot processes.
- A fully instrumented profile that integrates with plant control systems, and can be rapidly brought on- and offline.
- Suitability for fiberglass, adhesives and resins manufacturing, as well as for processors who generate emissions from formaldehyde, methanol, turpenes, pinenes and other VOC species.
- Custom engineering to specific applications.