Alternative Mechanical Hopper Agitation
Tue, 07/14/2009 - 9:34am
The K-Tron Process Group now offers ActiFlow — an alternative to conventional forms of mechanical hopper agitation. According to the company, the ActiFlow smart bulk solids activator boasts:
- Continuous activation of cohesive bulk materials inside the stainless steel hopper.
- Reliable prevention of bridging and ratholing.
- A self-tuning algorithm in the control module that continuously monitors the system, adjusting frequency and amplitude of the agitation to maintain flow.
- The capability to screen out vibrations, therefore ensuring accurate weight signals, with the company’s Smart Force transducer weigh scales.
- Elimination of the need for mechanical agitators with secondary motors and gearboxes, plus side-wall agitation devices or aeration pads.
- A patent-pending vibratory drive and intelligent control unit.
- A non-product contact design and an easy cleaning process during material changeover.
- Bolting of the device to the outside of the extension hopper, above the feed screws, in addition to reduced headroom requirements.
- Accommodations for loss-in-weight (gravimetric) feeding applications or applications involving difficult-flowing materials.
- Suitability for the food, pharmaceutical, plastic and chemical industries.
Click here for a video showing ActiFlow in action.