A Constant Checkup On Machinery Health
Thu, 06/18/2009 - 4:15am
Emerson Process Management has unveiled a video demonstrating the technology, features and benefits of its CSI 9420 machinery health transmitter. According to the company, this wireless vibration ransmitter provides:
- The monitoring of mechanical equipment, thereby delivering predictive diagnostics for improved reliability and plant safety.
- The measurement of overall vibration, in addition to PeakVue™ technology for advanced bearing diagnostics.
- The transmission of information (via Emerson's PlantWeb® digital plant architecture) over a wireless self-organizing network.
- Greater than 99.9 percent reliability of the wireless self-organizing network due to its ability to automatically adapt as devices are added or removed, or obstructions encountered.
- Availability of machinery configuration, diagnostics and alerts data in AMS™ Suite predictive maintenance software, as well as in data historians or any control system for trending and analysis with other process parameters.
- Quick, easy and economical connections to any machine.
- Cost-effective application on a range of equipment, such as pumps, motors, fans, compressors, pulverizers and many other types of equipment.
- Suitability for use by operations and maintenance personnel.
- Full compliance with the WirelessHART standard.