Putting FEMA To Shame
SAFER Systems’ Real-Time® chemical emergency management system, Version10, equips organizations that deal with hazardous materials with vital information that enables better emergency planning, decision-making and response. According to the company, this system further boasts of:
- High-sensitivity Open Path optical sensors that can estimate a toxic source’s location.
- The incorporation of Open Path sensor data feeds to measure chemical concentrations at PPB levels across an open air path at distances up to 200 m.
- The power to define chemical compositions in single- or multi-component gaseous streams.
- An Advanced Back Calculation Open Path module to determine release rates for each source within a gaseous stream on a 24/7 basis, enabling alarms to be triggered when defined levels are exceeded.
- Source Area Locator™ functionality, which permits the use of complex algorithms to analyze real-time data on wind speed and direction, along with gas concentration levels from at least 2 gas sensors, to locate toxic release.
- The integration of streaming meteorological data from 8,000 Weatherbug® Professional Internet weather stations across North America or from 4,300 weather stations on other continents, as well as from stations connected directly to SAFER Real-Time or from manually entered data.
- Internet-based terrain mapping for regions where significant topographical variations exist to ensure that plume dispersion conforms to the terrain and is consistent with meteorological measurements.
- The capability to see what the effects of various toxic chemical releases would be within your facility, the community and surrounding environment.
- Geo-coded graphical plume models (rendered using Google Maps software) that can be exported to Google Earth as a Keyhole Markup Language file, which can then be sent as an e-mail attachment.
- OPC linkage to facilitate data communication between real-time and distributed control systems.
- Compatibility with computers running Microsoft Windows XP (and soon VISTA) with at least 512 MB of RAM and 20 GB of disk space.