A Nozzle That'll Blow You Away
EXAIR recently launched its 1-1/4 NPT Super Air Nozzle™ to deliver 9.4 lbs. of strong blowing force when mounted 12 in. away from its target. According to the company, the force is more than 12 times that of ordinary air nozzles, making it ideal for blowing heavy materials or for applications in which the air nozzle can’t be mounted close to the surface to be blown off, dried or cooled. The company says the nozzle also exhibits:
- Ejection of compressed air through a series of holes located in recessed grooves on the nozzle surface.
- An aerodynamic design that directs the air to a single point of convergence, delivering a concentrated stream of high-velocity air flow.
- A pressure capacity of 80 PSIG and an air consumption of 188 SCFM.
- Safe operation since the air flow that exits the nozzle can not be blocked as required by OSHA standard 1910.242(b).
- A typical sound level reduction of 27 dBA from ordinary open pipe.
- Zinc aluminum alloy construction.
- A 2-in. (51-mm) hex body for easy installation using a standard wrench or socket.