HaydonKerk Comes Clean With New Motor Line
Wed, 11/19/2008 - 6:49am
HaydonKerk Motion Solutions is the result of 2 well-known linear motion companies—Haydon Switch & Instrument and Kerk Motion Products—uniting to offer a broad range of precision linear motion products. HaydonKerk is now recognized as a manufacturer of stepper motor-based linear actuators, rotary motors, lead screw assemblies, and linear rail and guide systems.
Now that these companies are integrated, HaydonKerk presents its new line of Haydon™ specialty clean motors, designed for contamination-sensitive applications, cleanroom environments and environments within systems under high vacuum. The company believes out-gassing results from a lack of motor cleanliness, often created by contaminants present during the manufacturing process and even contact with a human hand, so it has manufactured these motors to limit contaminants and out-gassing in vacuum environments. Thus, the company has created the motors with:
- The capability to survive in a vacuum down to 10-8 Torr (provided that the motor operates below its rated maximum operating temperature).
- Construction from non-volatile materials, which are also thoroughly cleaned using ultrasonic equipment and vacuum-baked at high temperature to extract contaminants.
- Teflon® wires and high-temperature windings.
- Stainless steel bearings with special lubrication.
- Extra contamination precaution during manufacturing, including being sealed in double-bags for handling under cleanroom protocols.