Thu, 05/29/2008 - 6:36am
Hawk has released the Gladiator Series vibration switch, a heavy-duty point level switch that’s designed to ensure years of trouble-free operation. According to the company, the switch incorporates:
- Suitability for a wide range of liquids and solids, including slurries and pelletized materials.
- 2 prongs or vanes on the sensing element, so when the fork prongs can vibrate, they are driven to their resonant frequency by piezo ceramic elements, and as the level of the material to be sensed rises, the material blocks the movement of the fork—the electronics in the unit sense this change and produce an output that can be used for indication or control.
- An optional remote amplifier.
- The separation of the probe from the amplifier by up to 500 M.
- A temperature that ranges up to 150 degrees C.
- Availability of GosHawk, DeviceNet, Modbus, HART and Profibus DP smart communications.
- A remote GSM connection option.
- The ability to dial in, and then calibrate, test or check on the performance of the unit from anywhere in the world with a standard modem and GosHawk software. www.hawkmeasure.com