To help customers with the application of IEC61511 (the process industry-specific implementation of IEC61508), Rockwell Automation has published the Process Safebook – a free guide to functional safety for process applications. The guide discusses how to manage safety in electrical, electronic and programmable electronic systems. It also provides guidance for engineers on how to integrate safety into a process system design.
This Process Safebook provides insight into many facets of process safety, including:
• Safety life cycle
• Risk and risk reduction
• The ALARP principle
• Determining SIL targets
• Risk graphs
• Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
• Allocation of safety functions
• Safety-requirement specification for the SIS
• Reliability techniques
• SIL verification
• SIF probability of failure
• Functional safety, assessment and auditing
Rockwell Automation Inc.