Beckart Environmental, Inc. has expanded its wastewater treatment solutions to the food processing industries with anaerobic wastewater systems designed particularly for high strength wastewater. Econvert systems emphasize a wastewater-to-energy approach that saves money and creates a resource for manufacturers and industrial customers.
- Anaerobic wastewater treatment systems continuously convert BOD, COD and sludge in wastewater streams to bioga
- Can be subsequently used as a secondary energy source (to run a boiler or kettle, for example)
- Features a vertical design, greatly reducing floor space requirements
- In some applications, they can be retrofitted into existing wastewater aeration systems
- Aeration expenses and sludge generation are reduced in proportion to the reduction of BOD and COD (typically about 80%-90%)
- Biomass accumulated in the reactor tank will often have a saleable value
- A full range of sizes are available for variable loads and are suitable for loads from approximately 660 lbs COD/day or 440 lbs BOD/day