iPOS4808 BX-CAT is the latest member of the iPOS family of Technosoft intelligent drives. Designed to cover medium-to-high volume applications, the iPOS family of drives can be delivered either as open-frame, plug-in modules with vertical (VX models) or horizontal (MX models) mounting on the user’s main board, or as a closed-frame boxes equipped with retractable connectors (BX models).
- First BX drive with an EtherCAT interface
- High-current capability (8 A continuous, 20 A peak)
- Offers a very compact, cost-effective universal solution for the control of rotary or linear brushless, DC brush, and step motors of powers up to 400 W and voltages up to 50 V
- Based on the MotionChip™ technology
- Can operate either as a standard EtherCAT drive that accepts the CAN application protocol over EtherCAT (CoE), or as an intelligent drive that can be programmed to execute complex motion profiles directly at drive level using its built-in motion controller and the high level Technosoft Motion Language (TML)
- Equipped with 2 feedback connectors, it can be used in dual-loop control applications where motor and load sensors can be single-ended, differential or sine/cosine encoders
- Digital and linear Halls are also accepted as motor sensors