The Sinamics G120 drive system, from Siemens, has been enhanced to include EtherNet/IP connectivity, thus providing maximum flexibility for industrial Ethernet communication while offering innovative concepts for users wanting a single network for the entire plant.
- Supports Profibus DP and Profinet to ensure seamless communications between every component involved in a typical automation solution, including HMI (operator control and visualization) and I/O
- Additional higher-level functions, including Safety Integrated telegrams and synchronized mechanisms for even the highest-level control applications, are also included
- Profinet can transmit operating and diagnostics data simultaneously to enterprise-level systems using standard IT mechanisms for an integrated factory environment
- EtherNet/IP stack offers another option for Sinamics G120 users
- Flexibility to communicate with the most common automation systems via Profinet or EtherNet/IP makes the Sinamics G120 drive system easily adaptable to the current Industrial Ethernet boom