No. 1018 is an electrically-heated, 500º F three-zone belt conveyor oven from Grieve, currently used for drying ceramic parts. Workspace dimensions are 18 in. wide x 40 ft. deep x 18 in. high. 180 KW (60 KW per zone) are installed in Incoloy-sheathed tubular heating elements.
- Three 3-HP recirculating blowers provide vertical downward airflow to the workload
- Oven was split into three sections for shipment
- Unit contains a 12 in. wide, 1/2 in. stainless steel flat wire conveyor belt with 1/3-HP motor drive, variable from 2 to 30 inches per minute
- Has a 30 in. long open belt loading zone and a 60 in. long open unloading zone
- Conveyor oven features 4 in. insulated walls, aluminized steel exterior and Type 304, 2B finish stainless steel interior, three independent doors for access to the workspace, three 325 CFM powered forced exhausters and the unit was built to NEMA 12 electrical standards
- Disposable fresh air filters in each zone, including photohelic pressure gauges with alarms
- Controls onboard No. 1018 include SCR power controllers and independent recirculated airflow and temperature controls for each of three 162 in. insulated heat zones