The SFT Phase Monitor II is a powerful tool for determining the solubility of various compounds and mixtures in supercritical and high-pressure fluids. According to the company, the monitor provides:
- Direct, visual observation of materials under conditions precisely controlled by the researcher.
- Experiments may be performed in liquids, supercritical carbon dioxide or other liquefied gases.
- The effect of co-solvents on the solubility of compounds of interest may be investigated as well.
- It allows the user direct observation of the dissolution, precipitation and crystallization of compounds over a wide range of pressures and temperatures.
- Advanced studies may be done to determine melting point depressions and the degree of polymer swelling in SF CO2 or traditional solvents.
- Experiments can be performed at pressures up to 10,000 psi and from ambient temperature to 150ºC.