Super-bright Spectroline® fluorescent dyes reveal all leaks in static and circulating water systems, boilers, storage tanks and other high-volume containers. According to the company:
- They also locate leaks in piping, valves, condensers, sprinkler system pumps, seams, welds and fittings.
- Simply add a small amount of Spectroline WD-801, WD-802 or WD-803 fluorescent water dye into a system and allow it to circulate — wherever the water escapes, so does the dye, which remains at the site of all leaks.
- When the system is scanned with a high-intensity ultraviolet or blue light lamp, the dye glows brightly to pinpoint the precise location of every leak.
- WD-801 dye makes leak sites fluoresce blue, WD-802 dye fluoresces green and WD-803 dye fluoresces blue-green.
- The dyes are ideal for preventive maintenance programs because they remain safely in the system and will expose new leaks whenever the system is inspected with the lamp.
- Dyes are available in 1-pint containers as well as 1-, 5- and 55-gallon drums.