ASM Sensors has engineered the POSITAPE® WB100M tape sensor for oil platforms, shipyards, construction and offshore engineering companies with special requirements to withstand wet, harsh environments. The company says that the tape sensor further grants:
- A range of measuring lengths — from 2,000 to 10,000 mm — and a range of analog or digital outputs, including CAN SAE J1939.
- A linearity rated up to ±0.05 percent of full scale.
- Stainless steel measurement tape with at least double the life compared to that of a measurement cable under identical operating conditions.
- Fully encapsulated electronics to ensure that no moisture can penetrate critical areas, whereas water is allowed to freely flow through the mechanical areas without effect due to the use of materials specifically selected to work well in a saltwater environment.
- A high resistance to shock and operation to IP68/69K in sea water.
- Pulley wheels to change the direction of the tape route.